This is actually brilliant
These are from a wonderful book called The Art Of Comforting. Check it out and learn how to be better at supporting people going through difficult things.
Looks like a great resource. I know a couple of the most irritating things I hear a lot when talking about my struggles with depression are “You should keep busy!” or “You need to get out/exercise more!”
Keeping busy was what got overwhelming for me. Having work and scheduled things going on all the time was causing me a LOT of stress and anxiety. I would feel like I was detaching from myself, and would end up in a bad way. Pushing myself back into being busy too soon would be detrimental to my recovery.
Getting exercise and going out of the house is sound advice for improving well-being; my doctors recommend it. That being the case, I don’t need to hear it from fucking everybody. It’s always obvious when non-doctors don’t understand how difficult that can be, and it sounds more like nagging from them. As the book suggests, making actual plans is infinitely more helpful. Make sure to carry them out, though, because it’s painful to get forgotten or stood up in the best of times, but damn brutal when you’re depressed.
Give me Gamzee with Dreads or give me Death.
The tutorial of how I achieve watercolor effect in Sai! :) I highly recommend using real watercolor paintings (your own or ones found on the internet) as reference.
And here you can find a few useful links:
- You can download the Sai file of this picture here: link
- Video process of painting another picture: link
- The old watercolor tutorial: link
- Sai brushes (none of them is made by me) link + file you need to open them in Sai: link
- Awesome watercolor brushes made by Kyle T Webster: link
Here’s the finished painting: link
I hit a milestone!! First, a big shoutout to all the lovely people following me; seriously, hugs to each of you. Second, since you guys make me so happy, I’ll try my best to give some back :) It’s also close to school starting again, so why not start it off with some lovely roosterteeth products!
- International shipping, so anyone can participate!
- you have to be able/comfortable in giving me your address for shipping
- like for one entry
- reblog for another (multiple reblogs only reset your placements and do not actually give you more chances to more)
- no giveaway blogs but ACTIVE sideblogs can count toward the reblog
- you do not have to be following me but
- 1st and 2nd prize winners are for followers only
- $20 ”gift card” to the store excluding shipping - 1st prize
- $15 ”gift card” to the store excluding shipping - 2nd prize
- $10 “gift card” to the store excluding shipping - 3rd prize
This ends on August 15th
- I’ll be using a random generator.
- I’m giving winners a 24 hour response time (no reply will result in another pick)
- I’ll announce the winners asap with their permission
That’s it!! PM for any questions/concerns. (Past winners to my giveaways: x and x)
Even when he walks he's sexy.